Alvin

Alvin
Alvin sticks out his tongue when he is nervous

Monday, April 30, 2012

Who Are You and What Did You do with Alvin?

I recently found this video of Alvin and was once again surprised to see him so animated.  As I have mentioned before, I have never even seen him run.  The jumping at the camera behavior doesn't surprise me because he will do anything to be able to touch something new and he is very curious about cameras.  Now, if we could just figure out how to channel that so that he could make us some money as a doggy model.  While my mom watched the video, she kept looking at the video and then at Alvin to make sure it was the same dog. 

The video was taken after his first surgery and unfortunately the first two surgeries were unsuccessful.  You will notice a great deal of white hair on his right side, which was caused by a scar from an injury.  It was completely healed by the time he was rescued but it must have been somewhat new because the white hair is now nearly gone. 

I thought that you might find it interesting to see him so that you can get an idea of what I am referring to when I write about the difference in behavior.  One of our readers suggested using his ability to imitate other dogs as a way to train him and I think that is an excellent suggestion.  He definitely imitated Timmie when I would use the sit command but there isn't much to imitate with Stevie unless I want to train him to sleep for long periods of time.  Taking him indoors to a training facility would be a nightmare because the biggest source of stress for him is going indoors to unfamiliar places, which results in loop-a-thons.  I think I am going to have to start a, borrow your dog for a day program so that he has more contact with dogs to imitate.  In the meantime, here are the dazzlings of Alvin Stanley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZYiYB1kpbo

No comments:

Post a Comment