Alvin

Alvin
Alvin sticks out his tongue when he is nervous

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Shake is the New "sh" Swear Word Around Here

I have been so encouraged with Alvin success with sitting that I decided to teach him a second command.  After thinking about Alvin's limitations I decided to try to teach him how to shake.  I went into this endeavor with a lot of optimism but after the second attempt, I abruptly dumped the idea because it was going no where fast .  It caused him to reel, circle, and to want  to be as far away from that idea as he could get.  So, we're back to square one.  I was able to teach my first dog who was deaf and blind how to sit, lay down, and pretend to be dead but Alvin's clearly going to be more of a challenge.  For crying out loud we only did it twice and yet, 15 minutes later the poor boy is still circling.  I am not even mentioning the word shake in passing because it's clear that it's the new swear word around here.  I keep looking at him and telling him that I meant well but so far he isn't having it.  I guess if I get desperate I will try to convince people that I taught him how to do endless circles around the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment