Alvin

Alvin
Alvin sticks out his tongue when he is nervous

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bologna Makes Alvin Hear Better

It's clearly a miracle because when Alvin is in the presence of bologna or hot dogs, he miraculously hears the sit command on the first try and comes to a skidding sit.  In the past, when Alvin doesn't sit right away, I have assumed that he either didn't hear me or forgot what the word meant and I have patiently waited for it to "click" or repeated the word louder.  Well, clearly everything clicks just fine when the right incentive is present.  How do I know this?  Because my mom now buys bologna and keeps it in her refrigerator just for when Alvin comes over to visit, and boy, does he know it!  He prances in the house and goes straight to the refrigerator while literally licking his lips.  When he rounds the corner and literally skids his butt across the linoleum to sit, I realize that bologna is the miracle food of the canine world.  I wonder if he would roll over and bare his belly for steak?  I now know exactly what I will be using when I muster up the courage and patience to teach Alvin another command.

No comments:

Post a Comment