Alvin

Alvin
Alvin sticks out his tongue when he is nervous

Friday, March 9, 2012

Don't Anger the Rats

I kid you not when I tell you that the rat just returned while I was outside.  When seeing it running toward me I came to the sudden realization that although Alvin may not always go potty outside, I think I just did.  I was sitting outside supervising Stevie while she went out to go potty and I was enjoying the lovely weather and all of a sudden I heard running across the tin roof above me and I thought, surely not!  Then she (I decided the rat is a she because I don't think a male would have made such a lovely home) ran down the trellis right next to me, was clearly planning on make a run for her house, paused,  saw it was gone, and at the least minute made a dive into a bush away from me.  If I could have even moved at that point I am sure I would have started looping just like Alvin.  Instead I sucked in my breath and was temporarily paralyzed.  She looked angry. 

It was all Stevie's fault because I was out there because she keeps going to the areas where I washed the container down and keeps searching for the remains.  I didn't think it was possible for her to gross me out more and then she pulls yet another repulsive trick out of her hat and my stomach starts churning once again.  Stevie nearly got me attacked by a very angry rat and all she cared about is whether the rat left poop in her trail.  I swear that if Stevie just ate more rat poop and ends up throws it up again I am moving out.  How did all of this go from just a small dog and pony show, to full out canine chaos?  Alvin is responding to the whole crisis by standing in his bed and making tight turns over and over again.  So one dog is making me nauseous while the one is making me dizzy, not to mention that I have a very angry rat on my tail.  It feels like the whole animal kingdom has risen up against me.  Anyone want to come over and pet sit two adorable dogs, a lovely cat, and my new pet rat?  Forget anything about the 20 requirements for Alvin, if you have a pulse and can get over here in a flash, you have the job for an indeterminate amount of time.  Hurry!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I can just see it. Um, good luck with the rat…

    ReplyDelete