Alvin

Alvin
Alvin sticks out his tongue when he is nervous

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Alvin's joining the rodeo

It has just dawned on me that many of Alvin's behaviors have decreased.  I have not seen Alvin's tongue peaking out of his mouth for days now, and gone are the behaviors of pushing on me repeatedly with his upper lip and nose.  Much to my mother's annoyance he does continue to repeatedly sniff all over her legs and push on her with his mouth but my guess is that is because she brings in new smells.  Apparently there are some people in this world who don't enjoy the feeling of a dog's cold, wet nose planted against their shins 20-30 times in a row.  Huh! Go figure! 

While writing this blog, I am also unravelling the mystery as to why I am single because the predominant themes consist of dogs in my bed and my mom at my house.  I can't figure out why men aren't lining up, while screaming, pick me, pick me.  I think I should put a link to this blog on match.com and see how many fantastic offers I have for dates because undoubtedly I would solicit a certain part of the population and that would be men over 40 still living in their mother's basement, while working at the local video store, and only eating food that is white.  It isn't a sure thing that ALL those men have a dead body buried in the backyard, well, their mom's backyard technically. 

So, back to one of the charming males in my life, Alvin.  I have also noticed that the circling has gone way down.  Don't get me wrong, the boy can still put on a great circle dance but now his circles are much more often his happy circles.  As we have established, Alvin has a special love for food and whenever there is even a remote possibility that there might be an opportunity for food, meaning that I am walking anywhere near the kitchen, Alvin begins circling like a horse in a rodeo.  Have you ever seen reining events where a horse will come to a skidding stop and then distributes much of its weight on its back legs and does those really fast, spinning circles?  Well, rodeo Alvin could be their mascot because when he is excited he spins like a whirling dervish and no, he doesn't seem to mind when he whirls over my feet, through my feet, or even under my feet.  I have developed a dance of my own and that consists of hopping, jumping, and standing on one foot while I try to just get to the kitchen without one of us breaking bones.  The only difference is that his spinning dance does not include swearing, whereas my often does.

No comments:

Post a Comment